Friday, December 3, 2010

Boringest post ever. Sorry.

I'm wearing a new sweater that Julie picked out for me.  It's gray and warm and so S.O.F.T.

Work has been tough.  I feel stretched thinner than I've felt in a long time.  Lots of hard work with little recognition (and mostly complaints) is difficult for anyone.  My boss was made "Manager of the Quarter" for our district.  I know he doesn't really get a whole lot of recognition- he tends to focus more on the out of sight things that help a store succeed financially, and he's not the best at encouraging the team.  But he's one of the better managers I have had in my life, and I am grateful to be working with him.  And our store has made our budget for the last 11 months (which is pretty impressive for a post-recession).

I'm starting to wonder if I will get promoted or not to Assistant Manager after the holidays like they said- AND if I will enjoy it if I do get promoted.  I feel like, essentially, I'm doing all the things that an ASM does right now: ordering supplies, doing all the promotional work, keeping track of our sales targets and goals, inventory, etc.   So, I guess it's just the raise and the recognition that I'm after...

I would like to go to Maple Valley for Christmas.  I really would.  But sadly, I think I'm going to have to work (especially since two of our shift leads just quit).  :(

Julie and I are just going to have to try to make something special out of what we got.  We're going to the snow on Sunday, at least!!  (note to self: check to make sure we have chains...)  We may even get a Christmas tree!

Thanks for reading my nonsense.

2 comments:

  1. YAY SNOW!!! That sounds great. I'll come work your shifts...can't be that hard! Kidding. Love you buddy. This coffee is goooooooooooood. I think Peet's should as where Carl's gets their coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Comments