Friday, December 10, 2010

Here I sit

I'm sitting on the patio at work as the cool morning breeze and mist ruffles my late-morning-bed-head hair. 
I'm watching the yellow autumn leaves flutter to the ground. 
I'm sipping a clandestined cappuccino- warmth fills my stomach and soul. 
The marbled gray sky sends kisses to the earth, and the trees bow in respect. 
My face tingles with the touch of Autumn's delight.

So, who am I?
This child of the Fall
Ashamed of imperfections I possess and pursue
Enjoying such pleasures as passions will endure
Occasionally, I, on my luckiest days
Will become more than mortal
And I will see the beauty that I have missed
As the willow trees hide their sorrows in a kiss
For the earth
I cry for a second chance to take not from the Tree
But to receive such mercies as Fall from Thee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments