Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best way to wake up

Today, I woke up sleeping next to a gorgeous woman.  Luckily, it was my wife.  ;)

Then I looked outside and my heart stopped for a second.  Every tree, rock, and knoll was covered in an inch of fresh fallen snow!  It was like God blessed the world with a light dusting of his grandeur.  So lovely!  I walked downstairs and there was a hot fire roaring in the fireplace.  My Father greeted me with a smile.  Soon the smell of fresh coffee and homemade blueberry muffins filled the air.  The sun slowly peeked its way up over the trees.  One by one, little birds began to shake off the snow from their protective feathers and search for breakfast. 

Lately, it's been hard to find peace in my life.  The best I usually get is on one of my lunch breaks at work.  I can put on my headphones, sip a cappuccino and free write or read.  Breathing in the Holy Spirit, I exhale frustrations, emotional pain, and stress.  But those "peace breaks" are only small snippets of cleansing and renewal.  Here, in Maple Valley, I have discovered that while in Sacramento I have been "holding my breath," so-to-speak, for the last 3 months.  Due to a stressful time at work, tough situations with my family, and all the difficulties that go into helping Julie prepare to go back to school, I haven't really relaxed in awhile. 

Here, on the other hand, I can really exhale.  Here, I can take a DEEP breath, and feel myself being refreshed by Washington's clean air, beautiful countryside, and compassionate people.  Having a whole week to recoup is probably a big part of it.  Here, one of the biggest problems is evil magicians (actual quote from Julie this morning, "I always attack the magician first.").  Did I mention that I've been playing a lot of video games?

So thank you, friends and family (Becca, Lilli, Mom, Dad, Joel, Candace, Abby- and soon Jenn, Brian, and Olive), for helping to heal up poor Timorus' heart, and thank you, Washington, for doing what you always do.  (I would say thank you to God, but it feels too trite to do it here, and plus it's way too personal to share with the world wide web.)

Tim

P.S.  Didn't mean to rub it in with my title, Jeff.  I just thought it was funny.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a much better morning experience than my own. It's good to read that you are finding peace and a place to relax. I love you, man (makes me want to watch the movie again for the 5th time). I really just need to buy it instead of continually renting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! Your relaxing week sounds wonderful. Mind if I join you? Miss you guys a lot but glad you're refreshing your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to sound conceited: You are welcome. We can call it even for all the times you've helped heal my heart while I am in Sacramento. I really seriously think you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments