Friday, April 15, 2011

"Church Sucks"... always.

So the church I got fired from because I didn't always go along with their B.S. decided to make a new ad campaign called "Church Sucks."  At first I was like, "Oh, good!  They're finally owning up to it!" but instead I was disappointed.  Just another one of their gimmicks to try to get people in the door.  Their angle on the Church Sucks thing is essentially, "There are some churches who suck, but we're not like them."  I almost Yelped them a nasty review, but I thought it might be less permanent if I just blogged about it and then moved on.

It's one thing to SAY you're a backstabbing, business-first-mindset, pastor-as-dictator, get-butts-in-seats-in-whatever-means-possible, throw-you-under-the-bus-if-you-make-waves type of community and then live it out.  At least you were clear with your audience.  But if you SAY you're about Jesus, then be about Jesus.  If you SAY you're not a Church just like all the evil institutional churches out there, then DON'T be like them.  Sigh.

I'm not trying to start a fight or get back at anybody.  I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I gave these people almost 2 years of my life and dedication thinking that we were on the same page.  I hate that I was deceived, through and through- I fell for the gimmick.  It is my prayer that other seekers don't make the same mistake that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments