Sunday, June 5, 2011

So the word is out...

Yesterday I let my boss know that we're moving.  Yes, it was difficult- I know he often looked to me to keep the store running smooth.  At times I "caught" him saying nice things about me, although he rarely did to my face.  I think there were times when I was a bit too hard on him- complained too much about the way he was so relaxed when he was running the shift so that the baristas started to dislike working with me because I kept them accountable to the job they were hired to do.  I wouldn't say anything behind his back, though, that I didn't say straight to his face.  He always knew right where I stood.  All-in-all he was a good boss-- he gave me opportunities to run the store that I wouldn't have anywhere else.  Never before have I felt so trusted.  Even in the midst of some malicious accusations against me, he stood up for me.  I hope he will say that I was a damn fine employee.  I took my job seriously, but not too seriously.  I strove for perfection, but I admitted my mistakes.  I pushed my fellow employees to succeed and our store showed it.

I'll miss my customers the most, probably.  I bonded with some of them so much that they seem closer than some members of my own family.  It will be hard to leave them, but I know that they will be so excited for Julie to succeed at Duke.  I think I will look back on my time at Folsom Peet's with fond memories.  I hope I leave a good footprint.  (And they better keep recycling while I'm gone or I'll kick some asses!!)

To those who have ever left a job without saying "Good riddance" but rather, "I'll miss you guys"-- you know how I feel.

-Tim

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Folsom Peet's will miss you immensely. I know that I'll have no reason to stop in there randomly anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Comments