Saturday, June 25, 2011

Inspiration - Forced?

My friend Jeff says that sometimes he has trouble being inspired to blog.  I share that sentiment.  But not just about blogging.  About life.

What inspires you?  What in this world makes you stop and go, "Whoa-- I feel like responding in some way because of that!"

In the past it's been music- when I would hear an amazing musician I would run to my guitar and try to learn a new riff or something...  Also acting- when I would see a good actor/actress I would try to do my best impression... Maybe even Christiany stuff- I would see a pretty sunset or trees or mountains and then be inspired to pray or cry or journal.

As for now...

I'm not sure.  As far as music goes, it's been fun doing open mics and small concerts, but I miss being in a real band-- and it will be months and months until we're adjusted to Durham enough to start a band.  As far as acting-- nothing.  Christian stuff- I haven't been inspired/motivated to do anything but just sort of float along...

So I guess I could try to inspire myself to find things that are inspiring...

But that seems silly.

Guess I'm just uninspired right now.  And that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments