Monday, February 7, 2011

Death and Taxes

Not sure why I'm blogging while I'm doing my taxes, but I am.

Did you know that there are people out there who LIKE doing their taxes??  You people are sick.  Just kidding.  But seriously.

The only way I get myself to do them is to remind myself that it's so painful that it's actually enjoyable.  I'm weird like that.  And, because Julie and I are in the lowest income bracket, we usually get a pretty good return.  Thanks, Uncle Sam, for cutting me some slack.

The Superbowl was yesterday.  I won 15 bucks!  Um.  The best part of the game was playing "try to throw the frisbee through the man-made hoop" during half-time.  Thanks Jeff, Noah, and Andrew for the good times.  And thank you, mosquito herd (flock? swarm?), for eating us alive.  (P.S. Jeff was the only one that actually made a hole in one.)

My favorite commercial was the Car-max one where the guy is like, "I feel like a kid in the candy store" and then it shows the kid in the candy store and he says something like, "I feel like a hippie in a drum circle" and then it shows the hippie and he's like, "I feel like an acrobat in a mattress store!" and it shows the acrobat bouncing on the mattress... it was wonderful.

So, I'm throwing a concert at my Peet's on the 26th of Febtober.  Oh yeah, I'm calling this month Febtober. Just in case you didn't figure that out.  I'm not just completely ignorant.  Only mostly.  So, yeah, it's going to be fun, I hope.  I'm hoping Andrew will want to play a song, and maybe my friend Kevin from The Reel.  He's actually in a real live band!  It's nice to know people in high places.  We might do an "Open Mic" night in the future, but this time around it's just a concert.  I feel like there's more expectation that way.  I hope I don't suck.

It really is a gorgeous day out.  Just plain beautiful.  And I'm doing my taxes.  Sigh...

5 comments:

  1. I have to say this was one of the most random, stream of conscious blog you're written in a while. I love that you won money at the superbowl! You should take me out on a hot date. ;) Also, THANKS FOR DOING OUR TAXES!!! I hate doing that, so thanks for takin one for the team...OUR team!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. i remember you guys doing your taxes last year...scary (nuff said).

    2. if it's febtober, does that mean i get another 30th birthday? i hope so.

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Another birthday for Tracy! Do we have to have mustaches again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for giving me credit for my perfect throw. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments