Thursday, March 29, 2012

Out of the Funk while being in one

I'm having an inner dialog.  It goes something like this:

"Tim."

"Yes?"

"You need to go out there and DO stuff."

"Yeah, I know."

"Like... go make some friends."

"Uh."

"..And find a hobby that gets you out of the house..."

"Yep."

"...And start working out again!"

"rrrrright..."


Do you ever have conversations like that?  Of course you do.  Unless you are like the men in my family.  They all are self-starters.  Do-it-yourself-ers.  I drag and drag my feet.  It's not that I don't WANT to.  I just feel this huge lack of initial thrust.  Once the wind is at my back-- WHOA!  Look out!!  But before I feel that breeze, I'm pretty nominal.

I auditioned for a band.  They needed a singer and I'm doing NOTHING with my music right now, so I thought, what the hey, I'll ride on their steam.

I haven't gotten a call back.

Whoops.  Guess that's what happens when you don't practice.  You start sucking.

And the thing is, i REALLY WANTED TO JOIN THEIR BAND.

They had this cool modern funk thing going and I had all these visions of me being the front man, working the crowd...

Nope.

Perhaps I should try a new hobby.

1 comment:

  1. I say you should move to Barcelona and we can hobby together. Ah man, it'd be great if you guys lived here. Ellie and Ollie and Sadie frolicking through the park. I feel the same as you do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments