Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bon Iver Weekend

So I am in the midst of an ACTUAL WEEKEND... and I'm loving it.  I was able to give myself 2 days off in a row and I have celebrated by doing nothing of importance-- and everything of importance.

I bought Bon Iver's newest album (albeit came out last year) with the itunes gift card I was given by my wonderful in laws for Christmas.  Yesterday I gave myself 40 minutes of uninterrupted LISTENING, while I followed along with the lyrics and artwork from the digital cover.

Powerful.

Do yourself a favor, right now.  It will only take a few minutes.

Put on some headphones, then click on this song in YouTube: Perth by Bon Iver (unless you've already bought it, then just use you're own copy).

While that is playing, stare intently at this painting:

And once you have appreciated it and said "amen", watch this video here about how they made the painting:

Making of Bon Iver Album Art


What a Sabbath.  Love to you all.

Tim

1 comment:

Comments